Catering staff (m/f)
Chefs, waiters and receptionists for winter season in Lapland, Finland
We offer a great seasonal position in a truly international hospitality business in Lapland.
The locations of the hearts of urban fells, the hottest ski resorts, and the edges of great wildernesses to the rugged landscapes of northern¬most Lapland.
You will be a part of the world‘s most unique ski resorts and together with other employees you will create the magic of Lapland. You will live in the middle of Lapland wilderness, surrounded by the beauty of Finnish forests. Apply for a position of a chef and waiter in a wilderness of Lapland, Finland!
Experience truly Lappish winter with Northern Lights and tons of snow. Try an arctic sauna, reindeer safari, cross-country skiing, ice-fishing or go hiking in magical Lappish winter forests. This is the real once in the life time experience for You.
We have open positions all around Lapland, for example in Levi, Ylläs, Saariselkä, Rovaniemi and many other ski resorts. Are you looking for more peaceful place with skiing and enjoying of nature - or do you feel more comfortable with little bit more life around you? Together we will find best place for you.
What working in Lapland could offer for you? Watch video about our chef Mik, and see what he thinks!
JOB DESCRIPTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:We are looking for experienced and motivated Chefs, Receptionists and Waiters for the winter season in Lapland, Finland.
We offer a contract for a WINTER SEASON 2023-2024. Jobs will be starting in November 2023 and continue till April 2024 with the possibility of extension.
As winter is the peak season, working days can be very busy but enjoyable. It is essential you have a friendly and professional persona and you must be a strong team player with a great attention to details.
- Finnish work contract
- Seasonal job: from November 2023 till April 2024
- Salary: 12-16€ per hour depends on the position and experience + extras
- Extras for working on public holidays and Sundays (100%), evening shifts 18:00-24:00(+1,30€/h)
- Working Schedule: 90-112,5 h/3 weeks
- Possibilities to do overtime during high season
- Working in an international and multicultural environment
- Staff discount in the restaurant and shops in the resort
- Accommodation: provided by employer, paid by employee, cost 100-400 €/month/person
- Accommodation is distanced from the workplace 1-10 km (company car available for staff use)
- Start date: NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2023
- Possibility for a free Finnish travel industry- education while working
WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- English language on communicative level (level B1)
- Positive attitude and flexibility at work
- Good teamwork skills
- Previous experience working in a restaurant or hotels
Your opportunity to train while working:
In collaboration with Bolt.Works and exclusively with Lapland Training Center REDU, we offer the opportunity to study tourism in English. The training is conducted in English and is primarily aimed at winter seasonal workers coming to Lapland from abroad. It includes two weeks of in-person instruction before the start of the season and four days during the season directly at the destinations (January and February). The training covers customer service, collaboration skills, cultural awareness, sustainability, and includes card certifications. We offer apartment in Rovaniemi for first two weeks during the training, in November 2023.
Please mention your interest in education in your application.